15 DIY Home Storage Project Ideas
Staying organized is tough especially as we go through the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Here are 15 DIY home storage project ideas you can make today that will help you get, and stay, organized.
Tips To Get Organized
How do you get organized and stay on top of the day to day clutter? Here are a few tips to help you get started. They have helped me in my struggle to wrangle all the kids toys and life mess that just happens.
- Make a to do list…and stick to it. I know that may be hard, I don’t always stick to mine, but it definitely helps.
- Everything should have a home and at the end of the day that is where all the things should be. It won’t happen everyday, so give yourself some grace.
- Don’t let things pile up. That will make the task of organizing worse and you will never get it done.
- Break large tasks down into bite size tasks that you can do in 20 minutes or less.
- Don’t be afraid to purge. Get rid of the stuff you don’t need or want. What are you keeping it for? Trust me when I tell you that you will be less stressed if you get rid of the stuff you don’t need.
Now that we have organizing out of the way. Let’s talk storage solutions, which is why you’re here in the first place.
These DIY home storage project ideas will help you with your organizing efforts and they will look great in your home!
They are beginner friendly DIY’s that can be made in a weekend, or while your little one naps. Let’s face it, it’s hard do anything when the ones that make all the mess are up and in destruction mode.
DIY Home Storage Project Ideas
1. DIY Modern Shoe Cabinet with Plans
I’ve found a new stylish solution to shoe storage with a beautiful modern shoe cabinet. I’ve always hated walking in the door and leaving my shoes out in the open at the bottom of the stairs.
It’s ugly and just messy. And with a toddler running around, looking to put everything in her mouth, it was just not practical. So I came up with a shoe storage solution that is elegant and simply transforms my entryway.
2. Kitchen Cart on Wheels with Plans
Learn how to make this DIY kitchen cart on wheels. Perfect for kitchens where you need extra storage or added workspace. Get the free plans and make your own!
This project was made by a member of our Facebook group and she let me draw up plans to share with all of you.
3. Simple Modern Entry Storage
This is another project done by a member of our Facebook group and she allowed me to feature it here on the blog with a full tutorial.
Make a stylish first impression with this simple DIY modern entryway wall. Add a DIY mudroom entry wall using 1x2s. This mudroom wall is a great solution for small spaces or when you don’t have a dedicated mudroom.
DIY Home Storage Ideas for Kids
4. Alphabet Storage Cubes
These cute alphabet cubes do double duty as storage and seating that go along with this Alphabet Blocks inspired Play Table.
5. Desk and Bench Set with Toy Box Storage
You can never have enough space in a child’s room to store things. So multifunctional furniture for a kids room allows you to make the most out of a space. It opens up for toy box storage which is a big plus!
6. Kids Wall Mounted Clothing Rack
When you’re a busy mom, juggling ALL THE THINGS, this little piece of organization makes life run a little smoother. Keep the things you baby or toddler wears frequently within easy reach so you don’t have to go digging in the closet.
DIY Storage Ideas for the Bedroom
7. DIY Minimalist Clothing Rack
Who couldn’t use additional closet space? Whether you’re in a tiny apartment or have a bedroom that doesn’t have a closet, this minimalist clothing rack is for you.
8. Dream Jewelry Dresser
Every Girl has dreams of diamonds and pearls. But what do you do with all that jewelry once you get it? Well, you create the perfect storage for your necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
9. Tiled Mirror with Jewelry Storage
DIY Storage Ideas for Your Office
10. Elephant Pencil/Phone Holder
11. Cable Management Box
One of the challenges with working from home is my desk is surrounded by all these messy cords and surge protectors. I have to block them off so my toddler won’t get to it. However, I knew I needed a more long term solution to this problem.
One day I was looking at these storage bins I have and came up with the idea of converting a simple storage bin into a cable management box. It’s the perfect solution to baby proof and hide those unsightly surge protectors and cords around my desk.
12. Cricut Rolling Craft Cart
More Storgage Ideas
13. Baby Proofing a Home Office
Working from home can be challenging enough without having to worry about your little ones safety. Learn how to create a baby-proof your home office with these tips and products.
14. Storage Organization Ideas
Organize any space including the garage with these Husky storage solutions.
15. Garage Organization
Easily organize your garage/workshop with shelving and totes.
Once you have your areas organized and storage options in place your life and home will be stress free!
Now let’s get dirty!