Tool review of the Husky Heavy-Duty 63 in. W 11-Drawer, Deep Tool Chest Mobile Workbench in Matte Black with Flip-Top Stainless Steel Top. It’s one of the best garage storage systems on the market.
*This post is sponsored by The Home Depot and contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Hey, Guys, it’s ToolBox Dude. Let’s talk about my garage. My garage is a cluster mess. No need beating around the bush. There are several small multi drawer tool boxes, some plastic toolboxes and smaller boxes with knick-knacks strewn all over the place. Most are on its’ last leg, literally missing a wheel or two. I feel like a hoarder but with some major guilt. I need my space, I need to organize my tools and equipment but most of all I need easy access to my tools and equipment after I have stored them without busting a knee or cutting my hands. So You can not believe the excitement over here when I found out we’d be testing the Husky Heavy-Duty 63 in. W 11-Drawer, Deep Tool Chest Mobile Workbench in Matte Black with Flip-Top Stainless Steel Top. I’m man enough to admit I screamed with excitement. LOL (ok it was more like a deep “Yes!” happy score gesture)
The Arrival and Un-boxing
The Husky Heavy-Duty 63 in. W x 23 in. D 11-Drawer Tool Chest Workbench arrived at my home on a truck sporting a hydraulic liftgate. The delivery guys from The Home Depot connected up their palette jack to the wooden framed cardboard covered package and gently lowered it onto my driveway and then they pushed it into my garage. After undoing a few well-secured screws, some bolts and nuts, I removed the wooden cage from around the cardboard box holding the workbench. The cardboard box lifted off its base easily. Removing the foam inserts revealed the black matte finish and stainless steel top of the Husky Heavy-Duty 63 in. W x 23 in. D 11-Drawer Tool Chest workbench.
Man, this thing was Sweet! The split flip-top work surface allows the user to lift open half of the work surface at a time, enabling projects to remain on the other half. This unit is flexible and has accommodation for light, medium and heavy-duty tools. This Workbench is spacious and comes with a combination of shallow and deep drawers that offers a wider range of storage opportunities for the user.
Underneath each section is storage bins that can be configured by the user for easy access. The lower section of the workbench is configured with 11-drawers that glide on 120 lbs. rated soft-closing ball-bearing slides. Each of the 2 larger bottom drawers has 2-sets of slides to accommodate larger and heavier items and all drawers come with pre-cut premium embossed drawer liners, a large full-height drawer is a power tool charging station with an internal power strip and power tool hanging rack. On the outer right-hand side of the workbench, you will find a second power strip with an additional 6 outlets and 2 USB ports, as well as an ergonomic side handle and bottle opener. The entire unit comes with 6 pre-installed 5 in. x 2 in. casters that allow this unit to move around your workspace with ease.
- Top long drawer dimensions: 40.9 in. W x 19.1 in. D x 4 in. H, left drawer bank dimensions: 3 small drawers: 25.4 in. W x 19.1 in. D x 3.3 in. H, 1 large drawer: 25.4 in. W x 19.1 in. D x 9.1 in. H, right drawer bank dimensions: 4 small drawers: 13 in. W x 19.1 in. D x 2.4 in. H, 1 large drawer: 13 in. W x 19.1 in. D x 9.1 in. H
- Full-extension soft-closing drawer slides support up to 120 lbs.
- All-welded steel construction with rust-resistant textured black powder coat finish
- 63 in. x. 23 in. stainless steel top with split-top design provides over 1,449 sq. in. of workspace
- Lift-up surfaces are individually supported by a pair of gas struts
- 2 steel storage bins within storage compartments below work surface
- Bottom 9 in. D drawers are supported by 2-sets of slides, which can accommodate heavier items up to 200 lbs.
- The ergonomic tubular side handle makes it easy to move your workbench around your workspace
- Six 5 in. x 2 in. swivel casters (4 with toe locks) can support up to 2,500 lbs.
- Internal keyed locking system with 2 provided keys provide added security
- Power charging station inside tall drawer with integrated power strip and power tool hanging rack
- Power strip with 6-outlets and 2 USB ports integrated into side of the unit with hooks to store cord when not in use
- Bottle opener mounted underneath the handle
- Aluminum corner guards to protect unit from dings and dents
- Pre-cut premium drawer liners included embossed with the Husky logo
- Casters are pre-installed to reduce assembly time
- Minimal assembly to install handle, bottle opener and hooks
- Cabinet dimensions are 61.1 in. W x 22 in. D, and top work surface overhangs on 3 sides by 1 in. to give total dimensions of 63 in. W x 23 in. D
What I liked most
The unit has adequate storage for my drills and compact drivers as well as their chargers and batteries. The unit has 2 different power strips each with 2 USB power point to charge my cell phone and other equipment that has USB interface. I can even hang out in the garage and enjoy a beer opened using the bottle opener on the side of the workbench.
Things I noticed
Ok, I’m going, to be honest. There really wasn’t anything that I could seriously point out that was wrong with this workbench. But if I had to find something it would be that the strips that cover the drawer pull were a little loose when it arrived. However, all I had to do was snap them back in place and they were very secured. There was no need to reach out to Home Depot or Husky for help.
I needed a tool storage solution that was sturdy and large enough to support all my tools The Husky Heavy-Duty 63 in. W 11-Drawer, Deep Tool Chest Mobile Workbench in Matte Black with Flip-Top Stainless Steel Top far exceeds my expectations. It’s heavy-duty, functional and really nice to look at. Priced at $898 I’d say it’s a good buy given the quality and durability. I couldn’t be more happy with this workbench. Now the fight is from stopping the ToolBox Diva from Bedazzling it.
For more tool reviews and DIY tutorials check these out:
I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the ProSpective 2018 Campaign. As a part of the Program, I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.