How to Make a Simple Step Stool
Do you need a little extra to reach the spice rack or does your little one need a little help reaching the bathroom sink in the morning? This is the perfect step stool for you. It is also a great want to practice using basic power tools.
- 2×4 ( 2 – 7″ & 2 – 14″)
- 1×4 (4 – 12″)
- 4″ Spax screw
- DAP RapidFuse Wood Glue
- Sand paper
- Cut the wood to size using the miter or jig saw
2. Using a simple box top (cardboard) making a template for the decorative curve and trace it on to the 14″ 2×4 pieces. Measure out 2″ from each end of the 2×4 to position the curved template
3. Using jig saw and drill cut out the curved portion. Make sure to secure the 2×4 to the work station prior to cutting.
4. Once the 2 pieces are cut sand the pieces with the sander to smooth out the edges and curves.
5. Attach the 2×4 pieces followed by the 1×4 steps using Rapidfuse Glue and 4″ Spax screws.
If you tuned in last week I showed you in a step by step process on how you can use these tools to make a simple step stool.
Made two of these with my sons, it was a great little project during our quarantine! Gifted one, kept the other ☺️
That’s fantastic to hear! I love it that you made it a family affair. What a great way to spend quality time while we’re all stuck inside.
These steps looks so simply but I know you have did very good job building it. Keep it up.