Do you have doors in your home that have knobs or levers that are just not fitting with the style or decor of your home? Or are the knobs just inadequate and just plain ole broken? You don’t have to live with that. Here is how you can change your interior door knob in about 10 minutes. Yes, it is just that easy. The only tools you will need are a Phillips and a flat head screwdriver.
You can choose from a whole variety of styles and types of knobs and levers in many colors.
- Remove the old door knob/lever.
- Unscrew the door knob and remove.
- Unscrew the latch and remove from the door panel.
- Unscrew the strike.
- Install the new door knob/lever
- Insert latch into door hole with the curved tip facing the direction of the strike plate. (For standard door holes no adjustments need to be made. However, if the latch hole is not centered adjust the latch pin to extend the latch.)
- Screw the latch in place. (Note: ensure you have the proper latch face for your door edge)
- Install the knobs by pressing in the latch bolt to install the knob.
- Align and attach the knob on the other side of the door.
- Screw the knob in place.
- Install the new strike plate in the door frame.
- Close the door to test the latch fitting. Adjust is needed to ensure a tight grip.
Watch me change out my bathroom door knob LIVE via Facebook LIVE with Hometalk