Usual and Unusual Uses for Your Wet/Dry Vacuum is sponsored by The Home Depot and contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
If you have a wet/dry vacuum, then you know that it is very useful for sucking up spills and messes. However, there are several other uses for this versatile tool that you may not have thought of before. This is especially true if using the Ridgid 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower.
RIDGID 16 Gallon NXT Wet/Dry Vacuum
This is a 2 – 1 tool, with a 6.5 peak HP NXT vac for heavy-duty cleanup and a detachable, emission-free blower that outperforms many dedicated leaf blowers on the market at 190 MPH.
Top Uses of a Wet/Dry Vacuum
- It’s an excellent dust collector in your workshop. This is what I use and I always use a filter for it like the RIDGID 3-Layer Fine Dust Pleated Paper Filter because of all the fine dust particulates or the RIDGID Wet Application Foam Filter for wet pick up.
- Blow dust off your workbench or my workspace.
- Remove standing water from sump basin. Last year my sump pump failed and my basement flooded. My wet/dry vacuum was a life saver. I was able to remove the standing water from the basin so I could get to the sump pump to replace it.
- Clean up after a flood or storm by sucking up water from floors, walls, ceilings. When my basement flooded I changed out the filter to the RIDGID Wet Application Foam Filter and removed the water. Saved me a ton of money because I didn’t need to call a water mitigation company.
- Clean out your car. Having a toddler that is snacking all the time means there is always some fallen goldfish or chips in the back seat, on the floor of the car and in her carseat. It’s a mess. Using Ridgid’s Premium Car Cleaning Accessory Kit with all the perfectly sized attachments I can clean the crumbs and dirt from cracks in the floorboards and under the seats.
- As a leaf blower. Yes you read that right. The Ridgid 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum has a Detachable Blower. And because its electric, its emissions free and outperforms many blowers on the market at 190 MPH.
- Dry a wet deck. The detachable blower on the Ridgid 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum makes it so easy to dry my deck after I spray it down.
- Speed up the paint drying process. The detable blower also saves the day when its taking way to long for the paint to dry on a project.
- Inflate inflatable toys and beds.
- Clean lint from a dryer duct.
- Use it to clean up pet hair on sofas, chairs, and carpets.
- Clear the dirt from a plant that’s toppled over.
- Remove cobwebs with a brush attachment on the hose of your wet/dry vacuum.
- Clear clogged drains by using a drain auger attachment that is specially designed for this purpose.
- Remove leaves or other debris from gutters.
- Dust the tops of bookshelves, curtains, and furniture.
- Clean electronics like laptops, TVs, computers monitors.
- Gently clean delicate items, like glassware or china.
- Dust the top of your refrigerator with ease.
- Clear the ashes and debris left in the grill.
If you are in the market for a Wet/Dry Vac, consider the Ridgid 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower
And like many Ridgid tools, the Ridgid 16 Gal. 6.5-Peak HP NXT Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower comes with a full lifetime warranty against material defects and workmanship
For More Tool Reviews and Tool Tutorials Check Out:
- Werner 5-in-1 Telescoping 18 ft. Reach Aluminum Multi-Position Ladder
- The Bosch 40 ft. Self Leveling Cross Line Laser with VisiMax Green Beam
- Review of Bosch BLAZE 135 ft. Laser Measure (The New Tape Measure)
I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the THDProSpective 2021 Campaign. As a part of the Program, I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot and its partners. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.