Last time we talked I shared with you the state of my backyard when I first moved into my house. It started off an absolute chaotic mess with corn stalk and chicken wires every where. After months of painstaking work I’d gotten my yard to resemble a yard again, only to face a ginormous setback in the size of a 500 lb. chimney. So after regrouping for a week in the lovely Barbados, I came home to the chimney still on the ground, of course. But a week later, the chimney repair company was on duty and that hole in my roof was replaced with a nice, structurally sound, usable chimney. It’s funny, I say usable because I found out during this process that, had I actually used my wood burning fireplace prior to the chimney falling off the house, it could have sparked a fire. You see, the previous owners had installed a pellet stove (against code) into the chimney slot. There was all this improper tubing in the chimney that was not to code. It had cracks in it galore. It was just all bad.
So I realized there was a plan after all. God knew I needed a vacation (priorities remember, priorities) and he knew I needed to get rid of that old chimney. 😉
So with the chimney up it was time to re-stain and furnish my deck. I pressure washed my deck then stained it using Rust-Oleum Restore. Then I went thrifting and found a couple of great pieces for around $75. All it needed was a little cleaning and some spray paint.
By this time summer was darn near over so there wasn’t a huge selection of pillows to choose from. But what was in stock was deeply discounted (Score!) My pillows didn’t all match, but baby I was gonna make this work!
Now it was time to put my feet up and relax. Yep, I was done….at least for that summer.
Till Next Time…the life of a ToolBox Diva.