So Last week I had the amazing pleasure of hosting Hometalk’s DIY Facebook session. It was so much fun. I showed you how anyone could tile just about anything with these simple steps. Often we can become intimidated by the fear of the unknown. We went through a simple and easy manner in which anyone can complete their own tiling project using the SimpleMat by Custom Building and a premixed gout also by Custom Building.
- SimpleMat Tile setting sheets
- Pre-mixed Grout
- Grout float
- Tile saw or cutter
- Start with a clean, dry, flat surface
- Apply mat to surface keeping the clear film on. Press and smooth to remove creases and bubbles.
- Before you tile you always want to do a dry fitting – figure out your tile pattern and get the basic measurements for the tile cuts.
- Make your tile cuts. You can achieve most cuts if tackling a small area and small tiles by using a simple tile cutter or a tile saw. Always buy extra tiles.
- Gently place tile in place. Use spacers for proper spacing. (I obviously did not use any spacers in this demo Smh. )
You can totally do this!!
Hope you all Join me again tonight at 7pm on Facebook.