DIY Perfume and Make-up Organizer
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and I am always so last minute with my gifts. Every year my mom asks for perfume, and every I’m like you don’t need any more perfume. Well this year I thought I’d change it up a little. I didn’t want to go buy another bottle of perfume to add to her ever growing collection. So I thought, how about I make something to organize all the perfume she has on your dresser. Here’s what I did.
- 1/4″ x 3 x36
- 1/4″ x 4 x36
- 1/4 inch plywood – craft board size
- Wood glue
- 1 1/4″ SPAX screws or pocket screws or nails.
From the 1x10x6
- 2 @11″ (Side Panels)
- 9 1/4″ (Middle Shelf)
- 4″ (Long Divider)
- 2 – 4″x 4 1/2″ (Mini Dividers)
- 9 1/4″ (Organizer Bottom)
- 10 3/4 x 10 7/8 (Organizer Back)
- 8 1/4″ x 8 1/4″ (Drawer Bottom)
- 2 sides – 1/4″ x 3″ cut at 8 1/4″
- back – 1/4″ x 3″ cut at 9″
- front – 1/4″ x 4″ cut at 9″
- Cut the boards to size.
- The profile for the two side boards can be cut using a 12″ miter saw at a 45 degree angle or using a jigsaw.
- Mark out the placement of the middle shelf and divers on both the side boards before gluing or nailing anything. This will help with lining everything up.
- First attach the long divider to the middle shelf. Using pocket screws or spax screws the middle shelf is placed 4″ from the side.
- Attach the middle shelf to one side of the organizer using pocket screws or SPAX screws or nails.
- Attach the bottom board below the middle shelf lining it up with the bottom of the organizer side.
- Attach the other side of the organizer aligning the middle shelf and bottom to the premarked lines.
- Now evenly space out the two mini dividers in back of the organizer 2.5 inches apart. Attach using wood glue, screws or brad nailer.
- Attach the back of the organizer using small nails or brad nailer or screws.
- Put together the drawer.
- Fills the nail holes with wood filler and sand it down.
- Now find your favorite drawer pull, or make your own like I did. Paint and make it pretty because you are done.
Fill it with perfume, make up and all the little pretty things.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms and Bonus Moms out there! Till Next time. ~T.
The instructions makes it look easy, but I’m really bad with tools 🙂 But I really want this DIY organizer so I guess I will have to try to make it.
Cassie give it a shot. I know you can do it. 🙂
Thanks for sharing i learned very deeply awesome