Turn a stool into a side table. In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to turn an iron chain stool into a modern side table with a concrete table top. This is an inexpensive solution for outdoor decor and it gives new life to an older piece of furniture. When you’re outdoors enjoying the weather in the Summer and Spring its nice to be able to have a place to set your drink down. This is a great way to utilize what you already have.
Concrete can be messy and in some cases intimidating but once you get started you’ll quickly find that its not that bad after all. I found it rather easy to work with once I understood the elements of concrete and things I should consider when working with it. I think this may be the start of a great building connection 😉
- Fast-Setting Concrete Mix
- Vinyl Concrete Patcher (Optional- I used this at the bottom of the molding because this is a finner mix that fast setting concrete to reduce imperfections in the setting of the mold)
- 14 in. clear vinyl saucer
- Small bucket
- Wooden stick
- 120 grit sand paper
- Conduit Straps – to attach the table to the stool
- Concrete paint or acrylic paint
I hope this video provides inspiration and insight for your next project.
Till Next Time! ~T.