The great thing about pallets is you can normally find them for free or a very low cost. The amount of creative things you can do to repurpose them are endless. In this project I’m going to show you how to set up an impromptu bar that you can set up away where. It’s perfect for indoor and outdoor settings. This is definitely a bar that can be utilized throughout the year.
Please note: Before working with any pallet you want to make sure it’s safe to work with. How to Tell If a Pallet Is Safe for Reuse? Not all pallets are safe to work with, especially if your intentions are to grow anything eatable.
Here’s what You’ll Need:
- Two pallet boards that are about the same size
- Cable Ties
- 4-5 12 in. x 12 in. Pewter Concrete Step Stone
- 5/8″ screws (I used Spax screws)
- Paint, Lights, Decorations, glassware
- Booze and more booze
- Ok…. a little water
- Prep your pallet. You may have to secure any broken parts. Often times pallet parts are broken. This is literally used to move really heavy things from one place to another, so it gets pretty banged up. Add stabilization board to bottom, if needed. I used a scrap 1×6 to the bottom of the pallet.
- Paint it in any color that fits your theme. I’m preparing a Margarita bar in preparation of Cinco De Mayo. So I opted for a bright lime green sample paint.
- Screw in small screws into the inside of the front pallet so that you can have a place to run string lights.
- Run the lights throughout the pallet.
- Flip up right and using the cable tie secure the two pallets together. Use a level to ensure a level surface.
- Place stone pavers on top spacing it out so that its evenly placed over the pallets.
- Decorate in the theme of your get together.
- In my case, given I’m prepping for Cinco De Mayo , I’m topping my bar with Margarita options and garnish. I cut up lime and placed it in a cute ‘container’. You can also place your beverage in a cute festive pitcher. NOW PARTY!
For great Margarita recipes and great Cinco De Mayo recipes check out The Everygirl.
Till Next Time. ~T.