2016 is almost ancient history and 2017 just days away. This year I’ve decided to host a New Years Eve Party. And what does every great party need? A photo booth of course! While shopping in Target I ran across the Sugar Paper® Blush Gift Wrap Collection and found the most amazing wrapping paper. It became the inspiration and centerpiece for my photo booth design.
Here’s how you can create a super quick and stylish photo booth in a jiffy, while keeping costs down.
Items used to create this Photo Booth
Sugar Paper® Gold Foil Signature Dot on Blush Wrapping Paper – 30sqft. Reg $6/roll, it was on clearance for $3/roll
- 1 to 2 packs of wrapping tissue paper
- 1/8″ ribbon or string
- Outline/ mark off the area in which you’d like to put up your booth. This photo booth is the width 2 rolls of wrapping paper or 60 inches and extending the length of 1 roll of wrapping paper or 30 inches.
- Attach the command hooks, hooks facing in towards the booth, along the perimeter of the booth on the ceiling.
- Roll out the wrapping paper from the ceiling to the floors.
- Attach the paper to the hook using binder clips. Do this for all 3 sides. Typically you will need 3 to 4 hooks/clips per roll.
- Now enhance with light, ornaments, tissue puffs, whatever you like. Have fun with it. I used ornaments left from Christmas and made 3 varying sizes of tissue puffs (small, medium and large). I hung the ornaments and puffs from the ceiling at varying lengths using scotch tape.
- With everything in place, it was picture time.
This photo booth is perfect for any party through out the year. You can even set this up for a wedding or birthday party.
Now grab some props and Strike a pose! #TBD2017
Happy New Year! ~T.
Watch as I assemble the photo booth Live via Facebook Live with Hometalk
Interested in how I made the tissue paper poufs?
I made the tissue puffs by cutting the edges of the tissue paper, folding the paper in an accordion style. Tying a ribbon around the center and fanning it out, I separated each sheet from one another to create a big fluffy paper ball.